Sunday, November 21, 2010

Eve before sketchfest

Mmm, sketching to begin tomorrow - hopefully I can be good and keep up the sketch momentum.

I've decided that I'd like to get better at drawing people. Most of my people are generally standing front on in fairly uninteresting poses (which is fine for fashion sketches, but not much else). Just quickly tried my hand at a gymnastic pose and it occurs to me that I've got no idea how the body moves and bends.

One of the artists I follow on DeviantART is brilliant at drawing contortionists - Yuni@DeviantART - I'm impressed by the way they can depict the human form, and while some of the pictures look a bit farfetched as far as the limits of the human body, it all looks like everything is in the right place. I'd like to be able to draw bodies like they do and have them look like humans instead of weirdly shaped anime creatures.

Will see how I go though...

~ Bec
//Morgandea

No comments:

Post a Comment